Your Ad Here Auctions for free stuff at Listia.com

Sunday, October 29, 2006

PS2

So I bought a PS2, got four games with it. Had a little trouble setting it up. It was like a computer to setup.

I first tried Ready To Rumble boxing. More characters, more ways to train, more moves, better graphic's, and the have your own gym option is really nice. I'll probably play that more.

I've also been playing LOTR: The Third Age. It's beautiful, model look great, it's well designed, the environments are great. I really like playing a roleplaying game in LOTR story.

One thing I noticed is that it seems there is a visible wall in games. It's like "oh we don't want you to go there yet." One thing way it could be handled better is for example if a character is near a cliff, for the character to lose there balance or stumble back. Alot of the animations are the same but just with different effects. One thing is do we need four different ways to evade an attack?

Overall, though this is just style points. I'm having fun playing. I took a break from it for awhile since I wasn't getting any farther. Hopefully when I will come back to it I will beable to find what I'm missing.

One thing I've been thinking about is LOTR, is a textbook case about how Intellectual Property should be handled. For one thing, Tolkien put so much work into it, and it set the act to follow. Then people have expectations about it. They didn't come up with multiple endings. That's okay for an un-established franchise, but not one that has alot of material around it. If your going to have your own adventure, do it on the side, not change what's already been done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home