Your Ad Here Auctions for free stuff at Listia.com

Saturday, April 24, 2010

If you asked me why I used that same old clunky game engine and why I am still using it, I would give this answer: Because I am really smart and cool and awesome. And if more people emulated me, the game industry would not be near so messed up. http://jeff-vogel.blogspot.com/2010/04/how-i-saved-gaming-industry-overnight.html
I think this guy is dead on.  He's not a Blizzard nor EA games, nor does he have to see.  He's an Indie game developer.   See in my experience in Game Development this is what happens in Indie development:

Ted:  "Let's make a game?"
Fred:  "Sure."
Ted:  "This is going to be awesome."
Fred:  "It's going to be off the hook.

Notice this conversation did not mention Game Design Documents, a business plan, marketing plan, etc. etc.  Also people try and make an AAA game with b talent, a shoestring budget, and luck.  Well you know how it works out.  I think we can all learn a lesson from this guy.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home